Friday, June 6, 2008

Outrageous behavior

I have been on the border between disbelief and rage since seeing that video caught on a security cam) on the news about the elderly man being run over by a car. The crowd just gathers and cars keep going by but no one goes to the man to offer any help. A policeman answering a different call comes by and stops and takes care of the situation. People actually walked out into the street to within a few feet of the man and just gawked and walked away. I read that there were a couple of calls made to 911 but the policeman was there before any others could get there. I know there was probably little anyone could do but someone could have comforted the poor guy. He is in critical condition with paralysis from the neck down, I believe. Why in the world didn't somebody at least direct traffic? Arrggghhhhhh!

Okay, I'm better now. What would you have done?

9 comments:

Julie said...

I would have stopped and helped even if to only hold his hand and keep him still. Or stop traffic or whatever. People are stupid. Grrrrrrr!!

Kay Day said...

oh, by the way - I guess you figured out how to do the pictures! pretty!

Melanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melanie said...

pretty header


sad, sad, sad !

Momstheword said...

Kay, one of my daughters helped me with the pictures. Guess who?

I've been thinking about what I would do. I would have done like Kay, getting someone to direct the traffic, call for help. I would have at least checked him for a bleed-out, as you could see blood on him. Other than that there isn't much to do as long as he was breathing. Moving him would be too dangerous. Anyway he ended up paralyzed, at least so far. I hope the news people update us. It was in Hartford, CONN.

Paula said...

I hope I would have stopped. I definitely would have called 911. If I had a blanket I would cover him and talk to him. Very sad.

I love your photos. I want to do that.

Momstheword said...

Q, either of my daughters (or yours) can help you do pictures.

Deb said...

I saw that too Mom, and I thought it was horrible. I would have called 911, held his hand and talked to him. I would have tried to find out what condition he was in by asking questions, while in praying mind you, that no one else ran us over because in this town people don't stop for anything. Deb

Connie said...

Sad sad story. I stopped to help a man once and it was tragic. He, his wife and 3 kids lived but they were pretty messed up after the accident. But I felt good helping them and that's what counts.
Smoochies,
Connie