Monday, June 2, 2008

My Version of THE TRIP

Some thoughts about our trip to Missouri with our daughter K. and her kidlets.
1. Overcast skies.
2. Burros and baby burros. Cute!
3. Baby alpacas.
4. Dead turtles.
5. Dead armadillos.
6. Daughter saw a live one.
7. Car trouble.
8. Wonderful son-in-law who knows how to do a tune-up.
9. Horrific allergy flares, with swollen, bloody-looking eyeballs.
10. Watched smallest grandson do a pretty good job with a BB gun.
11. Watched 15 year old granddaughter who is a sharp shooter to be.
12. Saw what a small boy can do with a pocket knife.
13. In Wal-Mart I helped a lady with amputated leg get out of her wheelchair and onto toilet quickly because she had the diarrhea. We made it! She loves me.
14. Left my pillow at motel. Drats!
15. Vomit goes a long way.
16. Enjoyed seeing my two daughters be such good friends.
16. My grandchildren can have fun without fighting. All of them.
17. Birds are noisy.
18. Don't like hot muggy weather.

8 comments:

Robin said...

Sounds like a pretty good time except for forgetting your pillows major bummer and so kind of you to help someone get to the bathroom - you could list that on your kind meme :)

Julie said...

sorry about your pillow, but I knew you would forget something, or someone would forget something. Thats the way it is I think.
J (the elder girl) said "I don't want this to sound wrong or anything, but it's nice that they are all gone" I laughed and agreed that it was nice to have everyone, but nice to have the house back too. She didn't want it to sound ugly...isn't that sweet? I told her everyone always felt that way after a house full of people. She was happy to be able to walk on her room floor again. ;)

Paula said...

Your version is great, although I've enjoyed the others too. You will have to break in a new pillow. Your pillow has gone to pillow heaven.

Robin said...

You know I heard we don't change our pillows frequently enough - maybe it was a blessing in disguise :)

Momstheword said...

I'm actually more upset over losing the pretty pillow case wht bright yellow daisies on it. Its mate is lonely.

Julie said...

Call the hotel and I will go get the pillow case and send it to you. Dad does have a birthday soon...make a mighty nifty gift!

Robin said...

I hear you about losing the pillow case mate - that would be troubling.

Deb said...

Wow Moms, what a trip, it really got my imagination going. I'm very sorry about the loss of your pillow case, it's sad when you lose anything you love. Deb