Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Five Kind Things Meme

The Five Kind Things Meme works like this:

List five kind things you do for yourself.
List five kind things you do for your closest friend, partner or child.
List five kind things you have done for a stranger.
List five kind things you do for fun.
List five people you are tagging with this meme.

Five kind things I do for myself.
1. Blog
2. Read
3. Go to writing group
4. Go to church
5. Do nursing home ministry

Five kind things I do for closest friend, partner or child.
1. Pick up my friend for church.
2. Do not insist hubby go everywhere I want to go.
3. Cook a meal occasionally
4. Put lotion on his back
5. Love and respect my children

Five kind things I have done for a stranger
1. Helped a lady with diarrhea from wheelchair onto potty in Wal-Mart.
2. Rescued a little girl, who had injured her knee, by having her playmate get her own mom so we could take the girl to her home in my car. (you know, the fear of being accused of something).
3. Helped a little boy who had fallen off his bike and was pushing his bike home. I had him go on a little ways to a convenience store (couldn't put him in my car either), bought him a bottle of water and some Bandaids, cleansed his knee and bandaged it. He then was cured by the Bandaid and the water and I watched him push his bike home. Cute Cute
4. Saved a man with the Heimlich maneuver, in a nursing home. It works.
5. With the help of the street cleaner driver, rescued a man whose wheelchair was stuck on a manhole cover on a busy street. Now that is a story.

Five kind things I do for fun.
1. Do a Bible study at a mental health facility.
2. Spend an hour with Alzheimers' victims.
3. Play church sermon tape at nursing home.
4. Listen to western music, you know, tumbling tumbleweed type of music
5. Read


I don't know anyone to tag that hasn't already been tagged. Lots of fun, though.

7 comments:

Kay Day said...

I should have listed rubbing that guys tummy in the highway. Maybe that should have it's own post.

Paula said...

M, you are a good woman. I like you a lot.

Momstheword said...

I'm going to blog about the wheelchair and the manhole cover.

Deb said...

Great meme. Deb

Melanie said...

You are a kind woman~!

Sharon said...

I want to be your neighbor!

Robin said...

I thought I had commented on this post, but its not here...oh well you know my thoughts from my more recent comment in your other post regarding this...

And I'd love to have you as a neighbor too :)