Monday, June 30, 2008

Lightbulb in the Brain

I think I know what the problem is, in regards to the previous post. I started going to that unit because of a certain special wonderful lady who loved to sing the old hymns. I played them and we sang. She passed away and eventually it became a ball tossing time, which led to different music. I need to go back to the original plan, whether those who work there agree or not. I have no problem with the activities director or the administrator, both being Christians. I now believe the reason things are not going well is because I lost my intent. It may be that I won't go back there. I go four Sundays a month to nursing home church services, once a week to do a Bible study at a nursing home, once a week to play the preaching tape at another home, and that one, where I compromised. Yes, I do get burned out. So do the other people who have been going for almost as many years to the Sunday afternoon services. But God hasn't given us permission to quit yet. Perhaps if I go back to the hymns, things will go better. I really appreciate all the insight from my blogging friends (and family).

4 comments:

Robin said...

Trusting God to lead you in this situation and that God will be glorified.

Robin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ruthie said...

I know that hymns can be very soothing for people - and often people with dementia will sing when they can't talk.
Remember I Cor. 15:58.
Blessings.

Paula said...

Sounds like a good idea.