Saturday, March 15, 2008

PET PEEVES




Boy, too numerous to list, I’m afraid. Of course, maybe some are merely things that annoy me, others are things that aggravate me, and others are things that amaze me.

Ring, ring. Hello. Oh, you’re home!

Ring, ring. Hello. Oh, I thought you were gone.

The house is still burning with three bodies inside. News Lady with microphone; "Excuse me, Mrs. Jones. Can you tell us how you feel about losing your husband and two children in this unfortunate fire?"

Babies sitting on laps in cars.

Dogs running around on a flatbed truck, which is going highway speed.

People who blame everything on someone else, or on a circumstance. Never admitting their part.

People who say, "don’t make me hurt you." Or "see what you made me do!"

People who hang onto every little slight and hurt feeling from day one, and who bring it up forever.

Motel pillows. That’s why I take my own pillow.

Perfect people. You know the kind.

People who mumble.

People who won’t shake hands under any circumstances, for fear of germs.

People who tailgate too closely to see my brake lights and turn signals.

People who paint gang speak on people’s property. You know, graffiti "artists"

Gangstra rap.

"I’ve lived here all my life." Duh, not yet!!!

Carl Jr.’s commercials

Commericals by drug companies

Commericals by lawyers

People who wear too much cologne or perfume, especially in a crowded place, like church or a movie.

Laundry detergent aisle in stores (the fumes).

Bullies. Bullies, and more bullies. All kinds, human or animal.

Business meetings without an agenda to follow; or not sticking to the agenda.

Children who are disobedient to their parents.

Parents who haven’t taught their kids to obey.

Biased reporting

People who drive while talking on cell phone, especially with little kids in the car.

People who talk on cell phone loudly, in public, next to me.

And finally, People like me, who have lots of pet peeves.




8 comments:

Jen said...

You mean gangsta...and I love that you used that word!

I am in concurrence with about 95% of your list. And when you add them to my list and the other things I agreed with in the comments, man, I must be pretty irritated all the time...

Julie said...

Sometimes I just have to let out a deep sigh,and let all the jerks walk past/ drive past me. I know I annoy others to the limit of human endurance sometimes, so I try to be patient with others....but still, somethings are just too much to have to live with! :)

Kay Day said...

oh boy. I see me on there like three times! At least! And the rest of my family at least once!

Robin said...

I was thinking the same thing Kay, I saw myself in the list a couple times too. I don't mean to annoy :)

Robin said...

Small confession - I've done numbers 1 and 2 when time is short and getting into a long conversation wasn't part of the time schedule, but I needed to leave a message for someone. Hangs head in shame...

Paula said...

M, I say some of these are extremely serious issues and maybe should be put on another type list like "Things that Will Affect the Rest of Your Life" or "Ways to Hurt People and Animals."

But you also have gotten to medling in my personal life. Let's not say I peeve you, ok?

Good list. QOTW

Momstheword said...

Jen, yeah, gangsta, that, too! ha.
Q, only you would think I'm talking about you. It must have been the "perfect people" one. :) That's the only one that fits you, except you aren't irritating, just perfect! Hey, I wasn't scolding you guys. I didn't know what irritating things you do. :)

Paula said...

Listen, I didn't really think you had me in mind, but some of the things do fit me. From the time I was a little kid, my mom called me "overbearing." I'm afraid it's still true, but I try to tone it down when I can. (;> Q