Thursday, March 20, 2008

Meme from the Spinster



Inner Voice of a Spinster in the Making tagged me with this meme.



The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
Each player answers the questions about herself/himself.


At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves a comment, letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read your blog.



WHAT I WAS DOING 10 YEARS AGO:


Dealing with my sister's death in Dec. 1997


Dealing with my mother's death in Feb. 1998


Dealing with the death of that sister's husband, in Mar. 1998


Dealing with my daughter's divorce and helping her get back on her feet


Working at a job I absolutely loved, with people who got me through the above.


FIVE THINGS ON MY TO-DO LIST FOR TODAY (TOMORROW AS TODAY IS ALMOST GONE):


Hopefully have a visit from my daughter and her kids if all are well.

See my sister, her daughter and her granddaughter who are travelling here today from Kansas City area.



Go watch "The Passion" at our church tomorrow night.






SNACKS I ENJOY:


Anything ice cream, with potato chips


Chocolate Zingers


Cherry pie


Anything chocolate pretty much

Popcorn and apples


THINGS I WOULD DO IF I WERE A BILLIONAIRE:

Give mucho bucks to church missions

Set aside some for each of my daughters

Send all of my five grandchildren to college

Let my husband buy as many trucks as he wants

Put aside some in case of nursing home needs


FIVE OF MY BAD HABITS:


Throwing newspapers on the floor

Using the coffee table as a desk

Taking long naps

Being really slow to get around in the mornings, unless I have definite plans

Watching too much television


FIVE PLACES I HAVE LIVED:

Colorado (though FIVE different towns)

Kansas

Indiana


EIGHT JOBS I'VE HAD (I'VE BEEN AROUND A LONG TIME):


Concession stand in theater

transcriber at a welfare office

transcriber at an insurance company

teller at financial company (hated it, hated it, hated it)

transcriber at state mental facility

caregiver in group home for mentally challenged adults (hated the politics)

activities director at two different nursing homes

transcriber at family doctor's office

I don't know anyone to tag except Kay, QOTW, Julie, Mel, Robin, and I think they were already tagged. If you weren't tagged, then you are tagged!












6 comments:

Julie said...

I was tagged, and I tagged Robin and Mel, because I didn't know who else to tag too. hey, did you ever do any typing? ha,ha,ha,ha

Jen said...

thanks for playing along!

Robin said...

I answered the questions on my blog after Julie tagged me.

I enjoyed reading your responses - so cool to get to know each other better each day. I was tempted to just do away with the numbers and go crazy on the job section because I've had many odd type jobs over summers and during school years, but held myself back at seven.

I gave extra info in the comments section also - probably more than the initial blog entry :)

Happy Easter!

Paula said...

M, tell Velma D hi for me and Io too. And any cousins who are visiting. Will the visitors just be there for the weekend or longer? How was the Passion play?

Have a great Easter. I miss having family around for holidays. I plan to fix a nice meal and sit at the table, but I would probably be sitting by myself since the others will want to sit other places. Oh, well.

Love, P

Momstheword said...

QOTW: D. is staying a couple of weeks, Chris and Ashley went down to L.A. to see the other cousins. It was the Passion of the Christ movie and there were about 25 of us there. ha. We'll be at I.'s for noon meal on Easter. We still have nursing home services to do but no p.m. church. Love you all.

Melanie said...

Wow ~ that year was a tough one. Ice cream and chips..together? I love ice cream and McDonalds fries..fries dipped in vanilla ice cream..yep.