Thursday, December 4, 2008

Old Man Tuck

Many years ago there was an elderly man living in a nursing home. The story was that he had been transferred from one of the prisons because he had become wheelchair bound and required a lot of assistance. I guess they figured he wouldn't run away. He had killed a man during a fight over a poker game. Sounds like the wild wild West, doesn't it? He was a nice old guy and soon started coming to our church services there. There was another Baptist church also doing services there, on a different Sunday, of course. We very patiently talked to him, answered his questions, and prayed for him. One day, after several months, one of the workers from the OTHER church came up to me one day and told me that Tuck had gotten saved during their church service earlier that week! I was thrilled! But I was also a little jealous. I wanted him to get saved during OUR church service! Isn't that pitiful? One of his arguments was that he had done something so terrible that even God couldn't forgive him. Goes to show how much better it is for God to be in control, instead of us. PTL

3 comments:

Julie said...

did I know him?

Momstheword said...

I don't know. Probably but you were pretty young.

Paula said...

Wow! God is good.