Saturday, December 20, 2008

Small Town, Big People

Years ago, my sister and I both worked in a nearby smaller town. One day after work we ran into each other in the variety store. While we were visiting, the owner of the nearby shoe store came in looking for my sister, as he had given her the wrong box for her shoes. After he left I commented about the special people in small towns and how that wouldn't have happened in a city. She told me about the time her husband had called the local dentist to say that he would be too late getting there to pick up his partial plate. The dentist told him to not worry, that he could just pick it up at the flower shop next door.

2 comments:

Robin said...

The beauty of small town kindness...

Julie said...

I lived in a small town and believe me it has it's drawbacks also. Interesting for the most part Mom, but it's strange having the whole town "know" things even before they happen. Like a move, or whatever. I never understood how gossip could be prophetic, but it can be.