Friday, December 5, 2008

TRUE SPIRIT OF GIVING

Darlene Franklin posted about wonderful people helping in the time of need. It reminded me of an incident several years ago in our church. A single mother with one daughter at home was having a hard time. She never complained that I can remember. Our church announced that we were collecting for a grocery shower for one of our families. She went home and practically cleaned out her cupboards and brought a big box of stuff. Was she ever surprised when she found out the grocery shower was for HER! That to me symbolizes the true spirit of giving and sharing. That is her gift and she honored God by sharing what little she had with someone else (she thought).

5 comments:

Julie said...

did I know her? :)

Momstheword said...

yep!

Paula said...

I like that in a person. Wonderful!

Robbie Iobst said...

Great story. Reminded me of Gift of the Magi. Selflessness is always so touching.

Robin said...

Beautiful!