Sunday, August 19, 2007

Who would have thunk it?

I said something about if and when my poor cancer-stricken old cat's behavior changed, I'd reconsider my approach. Well guess what? Since I've been feeding her deli meat, her behavior has changed. She has come running across the yard a couple of times, has actually come when I called Kitty, Kitty, and spends more time hanging around the patio door. (Of course, that might be because I feed her whenever I see her sitting at the door). She eats really good and with much eagerness. I think it doesn't hurt her anymore to eat. You know, how a 4th degree burn can be less painful than a 1st or 2nd degree burn because the layer of skin where the nerves are most sensitive has been destroyed, or something like that. It appears I lengthened her lifespan after all. I don't know if that is good or bad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the more reason to feed that lunch meat to your own flesh and blood ...

Kay Day said...

yeh! I want my life extended, too!
LOL
I'm glad ol' Spot is happier anyway. I can by my own turkey these days, I guess.