Tuesday, August 7, 2007

A learning experience

Years ago when my church first started a nursing home bus ministry, I wasn't very wise about certain things. I let the people sit wherever they liked instead of having us all sit together where I could have a little control. One lady (from the mental health facility) stood up in the middle of the sermon and yelled, "Happy Mother's Day, everybody!" I was clear across the auditorium from her. I discussed it with her but still didn't have her sit with me. (DUH) The next time she got it right. On Mother's Day, she stood up and yelled, "Happy Mother's Day, everybody!" We had a "dinner on the ground" after church that day. Someone asked her if she'd like some macaroni and cheese. She said, in her very loud voice, "I can't eat cheese! It makes me con-sti-PATED!" Needless to say, she didn't come on our bus again.

No comments: