Thursday, August 9, 2007

Cat

The funny thing is, the kitty doesn't even act sick. She is thin but she does all her same things. She follows her companion cat around, rubs on him, goes to her various hiding places, even trots across the yard at times. She is eating better now that I gave her some oven-roasted turkey from the deli (of course). She gobbles it down. She seems as interested in things as she always has been. I thought about having the vet come here but the only thing she would be spared would be the car ride. I'd still have to grab her and shut her up in a carrier, otherwise I'd never find her when the vet got here. I'll just go day by day I guess. Thanks for your comments.

1 comment:

Kay Day said...

I think, until she shows obvious signs of distress -- Like Smokey, or Wog -- just leave her.
I don't know if animals suffer the same way we do. so much of ours comes from our thoughts and fears.
I doubt if she spends a lot of time reflecting on her mortality and the illness and the road ahead. She's just living and seems like she's doing ok.