Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Answers

1. An acre originally was the amount of land that could be plowed by a yoke of oxen in one day. By the time Henry VIII reigned, there was universal agreement that an acre should be 43,560 square feet.
2. A vaccination mark is scar tissue, in which the hair follicles are destroyed. You can trasplant hair to a vaccination mark if desired but you could never bring the dead follicle back to life.
3. The two Ms stand for Mars and Murrie, the head men at the candy factory in the early 1940s.
4. And yes, it is a mini sonic boom. Whips can reach a speed of more than 700 mph when snapped, breaking the sound barrier.

Some of you got some of it right, some didn't. :)

2 comments:

Robin said...

Interesting about the vaccination mark not growing hair - I hadn't thought of it being a scar. I don't have any vaccination scars - guess they just did oral and shots during my vaccinations. My oldest two kids only had shots, but I found out today that my little one will take an oral vaccine at the end of the month.

I have two lenthy scars running down my back, but I've not had a problem with back hair before or after my surgery fortunately :)

Robin said...

Prayer Request -

Update - My brother and I talked on Wednesday night and he sounded so horrible (sore throat) that I decided to let him rest for a few days before trying to talk again. Well, he called me this evening to let me know that he had been life flighted to the hospital when his heart stopped. I guess it stopped three times. He was taking Mucinex and some other RX medications that didn't work well together. He does not have health insurance. Please continue to pray for him.