Saturday, August 9, 2008

An Angel Unaware?

Nancy's comment on my Family Reunion story triggered this memory.

Several years ago, my daughters and I stopped to eat at a Taco Bell. As we were eating, I noticed an obviously homeless young man standing outside the entrance. He was not asking for money or food. He stood there for a while and then left. We grabbed our stuff, ordered two burritoes and a drink to go, and hurried to the car to follow him. He had disappeared but I realized that there was really only one reasonable direction for him to go. I drove around and there he was! We rolled up near him and my daughter called him over. He came and we asked him if he'd like some burritoes. He looked at us, with the most beautiful blue eyes, and said "Thank you", took the food and walked towards the back of a building. One of the girls exclaimed, "Mom! He has angel eyes!" He did indeed!

I think about him often.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Sounds like you entertain angels frequently!

Paula said...

Interesting story. Good to share food with people.