Sunday, July 6, 2008

Quite a Day!

Today we had a dedication service for our new auditorium. Our old auditorium is now our fellowship hall and our old fellowship hall will be a class room and/or children's church, I think. We had lots of lovely music and a rather long sermon, good, however. We had dinner afterwards and then between 2 and 4 was open house. Anyone need some cookies? Plenty of food and cookies left. I think the cookies will be used for Vacation Bible School coming up soon. I counted about 390 people this morning. All the people involved in the construction were invited and many were there. Contractors, plumbers, electricians, etc. This evening we had some testimonies, a great sermon on evangelism and outreach, followed by communion.

Change comes harder for some of us than for others. I never thought we would have choir robes but we do! Kinda comical to see some of those guys wearing dresses :) The pastor and wife from 35 year ago were there tonight, plus their oldest son , his wife and their four kids. Bro. Leon S. for those who know of whom I speak.

It was a good day.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Sounds like a good day.

Paula said...

How exiting! I didn't realize the church was growing so much or that a new building was completed.

I wish Gary and I could have been there. For some reason the powers that be (pastor) don't seem to think of Gary as a former pastor, musician and principal in the church. We think of that church as being a big part of our lives. I don't think we could have been there even if we had been invited since Gary hasn't felt well during the last several days.

Wonderful blessings from the Lord!

Robin said...

How neat that the construction, etc. workers were there for the dedication. God can use anything to reach those HE loves.

Momstheword said...

Q, I don't know if all former pastors were invited, or if Bro. S. heard about it from some of the ones who keep in touch with him. That makes me feel sort of sick that you didn't know about it. Why didn't I think of it, rats. Am so sorry. We run about 200 in morning service, so lots of those people were visitors. Be interesting to see if some of them come back.

Paula said...

M, I don't mean for you to feel bad about us not coming to the special meeting. It was not your responsibility to invite us. Like I said, I doubt we could have come anyway.

You're a good woman.