Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I Feel Encouraged

I had made a comment on Monday through Sunday's blog about Compassion and Kindness. I said I had been praying that God would renew my passion for the nursing home ministry. Tonight at church, a lady, who has been attending for awhile, came up afterwards and asked me how she can bring up the subject of salvation when she visits in nursing homes! She has been doing that for quite some time but feels timid about approaching people about the Lord. She has a heart for these folks and I felt as though I had found another kindred spirit (there are several of us already involved). She can't go on Sunday afternoons to our services but wants to visit on a one to one basis. A gentleman she was visiting had recently died. I told her that, since she is familiar to the staff, she could just sit and visit with someone and get to know her/him. A good way to bring up the Lord is to say something like, "Just look at that sky! I just love God's creation, don't you?" Or "I had a wonderful blessing from the Lord the other day." Or "My favorite Bible verse is etc. Do you have one?" Then she can find out whether they are agreeable to the idea of God. Thank you Lord.

5 comments:

Julie said...

good idea

Melanie said...

excellent..how encouraging! Great advice!

Robin said...

Great post!

Paula said...

Good advice, M.

Toia said...

I like that. This is what I call a strategic maneuvar.