Friday, July 4, 2008

Fun Week

Well, this has been an interesting week. Two of my grandkids came on Sunday to stay two nights. This was great because they are reluctant to be away from home. (We had a "tragic" thing happen a few years ago. They had to stay an extra night and it traumatized them). So that is why I was so glad they wanted to come. The best surprise was that they conspired with each other and asked their mom if they could stay another night!

Things my grandkids did while here:

1. Groomed cats, some against their will.
2. Carried my carry-able cat around
3. Tried to pet the cat that skirts around saying, "Pet me! Pet me! Don't touch me! Don't touch me!"
4. Searched for the cat that was scared out of her wits and hid rather effectively.
5. Ate weird things.
6. Wallowed around on the sleeping bags which lived on the living room floor for two days and nights.
7. Ipods, hand held games, etc.
8. Made a big mud puddle, took showers.
10. Groomed and wrestled sister's dogs.
11. Carried her cat around (the one that seems to have no bones, he's so "flexible.")
12. Grandson learned how to saw wood on a table saw.
13. Did some B-B gun target practice.
14. Grandson's tendency to car sickness helped us take three hours to take a two hour trip.

We stopped at a convenience store and the two people working there were so kind and concerned. The lady gave us a cold wet hand towel to put on our boy's neck. It helped.

I stayed overnight and enjoyed being with my daughter and her sweet hubby.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Sounds like fun!

Happy 4th!

Julie said...

Why wasn't I invited?

Paula said...

Good times. Fun kids.