Monday, February 18, 2008

Sweet testimony

On Mondays, I take the preaching tape from the day before to a local nursing home. Today one of the men (who I suspect might be there because of mental problems) told me that he accepted Jesus Christ as his Savior in 1955. He would have been about 22. When I asked him to tell me about it he said, "Well, I was in jail in California. A guy was telling me that I needed to ask Jesus to be my personal savior. I asked him how to do that and he said, 'I don't know how to tell you but I know a guy who can.' So he took me upstairs to this guy and he told me how to get saved." Then this 74 year old man asked me if there is a Bible school in the area. It's probably next to impossible for him to do that but his heart is so tender. I'll see if he's interested in some study books he can work on in his room.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Precious! You're never too old to learn more about God.

Robin said...

Very cool! I love what you do!

Melanie said...

I really enjoy reading your posts about your work! It is a blessing!

Paula said...

You and your good sister have always been so faithful to the nursing home ministry. I wonder if you could set up a five-day club or VBS in a nursing home. I think teaching the older folks could probably be as much fun as teaching children! QOTW

Momstheword said...

Queen, those old folks love flannelgraph but no one does that much anymore. We have done some of that stuff to a certain degree, but few people are willing to get involved these days. Your Mom did some lessons for us at one time.