Sunday, May 11, 2008

Oh Deer Me

Years ago, a couple of us activity workers took a van of n.h. people to a local wilderness park. It was okay then to feed the deer (not so now because it caused them to be too troublesome and this is a good example). There were about three deer along the road and we pulled over. I took some of the bread we brought and got out to feed them so the residents could watch. Well, guess what? I don't think a deer understands what "I have no more bread" means. She raised her front leg and pawed at me. What she actually did was rip every button off the front of my shirt! The residents enjoyed that more than I did.

6 comments:

Robin said...

Cute story - thanks for giving me a smile :)

Paula said...

I can see it all now! You and the deer could go on the road.

Sharon said...

Oh.. you had "air conditioning" all the rest of the day. !!!
:)
sharon

Melanie said...

wow...:)

Kay Day said...

Seems I remember being there. Must have been another time I socialized with the NH folks. :)

Deb said...

Too funny! Deb