Saturday, April 18, 2009

40 Random Things You Didn't Want to Know About Me

1. My uncle once: told me that if God wanted salt on a cantaloupe, he would have put it there.
2. Never in my life: Been on a moving plane
3. When I was five: I gave a sick kitten a bath and it died.
4. High School was: fun.
5. I will never forget: one special horseback ride.
6. I once met: Marty Robbins
7. There’s this girl I know who: could clean up for a date in five minutes.
8. Once, at a bar: we hung out because it was the only place in town with food.
9. By noon, I'm usually: awake.
10. Who knows what #10 is?
11. If only I had: an adobe house
12. Next time I go to church: I'll do the count.
13. Terry Schiavo: was murdered.
14. What worries me most: my children's futures
15. When I turn my head left, I see: a bulletin board.
16. When I turn my head right, I see: books, books and more books.
17. You know I’m lying when: I say something :)
18. What I miss most about the eighties: my age.
19. If I was a character in Shakespeare, I’d be: a clown or something.
20. By this time next year: I will probably be doing the same old thing.
21. A better name for me would be: Perfecto.
22. I have a hard time understanding: how we are depleting air waves.
23. If I ever go back to school, I’ll: study art or writing.
24. You know I like you if: I tease you sometimes.
25. If I ever won an award, the first person I’d thank would be: the person who did the work for me.
26. Darwin, Mozart, Slim Pickens & Geraldine Ferraro: crazy man, genius man, good ol' boy, and crybaby feminist.
27. Take my advice, never: vacuum your cat.
28. My ideal breakfast is: pancakes, eggs over easy, and bacon.
29. A song I love, but do not own is: Swing Low Sweet Chariot.
30. If you visit my hometown, I suggest: Old Mission Deli
31. Tulips, character flaws, microchips, & track stars: beautiful, normal, weird, and fast.
32. Why won’t people: learn to obey the laws.
33. If you spend the night at my house: bring an allergy pill (cats)
34. I’d stop my wedding for: too late.
35. The world could do without: pants with crotch dragging between knees.
36. I’d rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: be buried alive.
37. My favorite blond is: not.
38: Paper clips are more useful than: thong underwear.
39. If I do anything well, it’s: taking a nap.
40. And by the way: this is sort of dumb.

6 comments:

Paula said...

I enjoyed them. Good answers. The answer about Terri Schiavo (spelling?) shocked me, but I think it's a true statement.

Paula said...

And the #1 about the uncle is very funny. I have enjoyed all the uncle answers.

Momstheword said...

It was my mother's brother, Orville. We were at his house and eating outside. I was about 13 or so I think. He made that statement when I salted my canteloupe. I wondered for a long time why he put salt on his hamburger and why that was okay with God. :)

Julie said...

I enjoyed all of your answers, some how I feel that I know you

Robbie Iobst said...

Very funny!!! I still regret that the only time we have ever met I was sick and ergo, not me. I think we would have a great lunch, talking and laughing.

Are you the girl from El Paso Marty Robbins sings about?

Momstheword said...

Robbie, In one word, "no". :) I saw him, Jean Shepard, Jim Reeves, Jimmy & Johnny from Big D Jamboree, Hawkshaw Hawkins, and Ernest Tubb's son Justin, at Memorial Hall in Pueblo back in about 1957, before some of them were very well known.