Saturday, October 25, 2008

The C-Word

I haven't blogged much lately because I am now kinda fearful. I never thought much about that C-word, you know, the one that protects the contents of a book, paper, story, song, etc, from wrongful use. I won't type it because it might trigger a tag and someone will get on my blog and find my quotes from other sources. I didn't know the Bible has a C-word. How does one publisher know you quoted from his and not some other publisher's version? When I use definitions of words am I stealing someone's work? Beats me.........................

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I really try to always link back to anything I post. It does make me uneasy about the photos at times. :)

Robin said...

I try to site my sources. I hope that is enough. Also I try to link to them if possible. My Reading Room Blog and my Think on This blog both have tons of quotes.

Ruthie said...

I have wondered the same thing. So I use only pictures I've taken for that very reason. And I don't post words from others anymore either. If you find answers to this dilema, please let me know.

Smiles. Ruthie