Saturday, December 29, 2007

Coming soon near you

I haven't done much with this recently, mainly because my computer has been rather tempermental. Actually, I think it's my dial-up. Anyway, my wonderful son-in-law and his beautiful and wonderful wife (Kay) are giving us a much appreciated gift for Christmas. Cable hook-up or something similar so I can actually download something in less than 5 minutes. I get so frustrated. Hubby would probably appreciate more channels to investigate.

I've apparently stirred up some interest in nursing homes through some of my posts. I have been involved in nursing home ministry and visitation for almost 35 years (and have actually worked in nursing homes for 10 years), so I feel I can give some good pointers if anyone is interested. I hope to do that as soon as I have a more dependable set-up. I say that because sometimes I get kicked off the internet without warning. oh no, it ...................................

4 comments:

Robin said...

I'd love some pointers about visiting nursing homes - how to get permission since we don't know anyone there. My children are 5 and 7 years old. They are both tenderhearted. I homeschool my children so we have the freedom to go during the school day. I remember vistiting nursing homes with our teen groups at church and singing for Christmas, etc. I also remember that some of the residents were quite angry. Thanks for any advice you have...

Robin said...

Oh and how wonderful that you are getting cable hook-up for your computer :) What a sweet daughter and son-in-law you have :)

Robin said...

Thanks for your post on my blog - I look forward to learning more!

Robin said...

Just wanted to let you know that you are in my prayers!